Mitsubishi Electric RV-8CRL Vertically Articulated Robot
August 26, 2020
Mitsubishi Electric has announced the release of the high-performance, cost-effective vertical six-axis robot, the RV-8CRL. With a slim, compact design and no need for battery backup on the robot’s internal encoders, the RV-8CRL can fit into a wide variety of applications. Featuring compatibility with a wide range of peripherals and safety components and a three-year on-site warranty, RV-8CRL features the quality you expect from a Mitsubishi Electric robot at a more accessible price point.
- Compact Design - A simple, curved design results in a smaller base size footprint. This also results in minimal protrusion to the front, back, and sides, reducing potential interference with surroundings while the robot is in operation. This makes it a good fit for automation cells and manufacturing equipment.
- Expanded effective working area - With a maximum load capacity of 8kg and a maximum reach of 931mm, the RV-8CRL minimizes the interference region and the “in minimum” turning radius to provide a wider effective working area.
- User wiring built into arm - Signal wires and air piping used for gripper controls are built in from the base to the forearm. Both ends of the signal wire have universal D-Sub connectors for easy installation for various applications.
- Simple structure - Simplification of the robot arm structure has improved transmission efficiency and reliability while also improving the ease of maintenance.
- No battrey backup - Batteries are not required to back-up the internal encoders, reducing cost and saving time, as well as eliminating the risk of losing origin coordinates due to battery failure
- Higher IP rating - IP65 rating comes standard with environmental resistance features allowing installation in plants and on equipment where higher IP ratings are required.
- Predictive Maintenance - The robot load monitor function within RT Toolbox3, the standard programming software for Mitsubishi Electric robots, is predictive maintenance built into the software.